Children's Ministries Volunteers
Horton Hall Huddle Leader OR VBS Volunteer
Greetings! We are thankful for your involvement in NPC's Children's Spiritual Development in partnership with our Children's Ministry Team and Staff. God has gifted you and our children need to know you! Are you READY??
Whether you are helping in Horton Hall or getting ready to do VBS - Here is what you do:
- Go to the box on the right to a read and fill out application steps
- Click on the links on the right for the Grade where you want to volunteer
- Watch the video ABOVE
- Send us an email to let us know you are getting involved.
- If you are wondering just what to do - call and we will answer any questions and help you find your best spot based on your availability and abilities.
- Read the inspiring encouragement below about the value and importance of your involvement
Why serve in Children’s Ministry?
- Children are important to God. There is no wondering about that! The Bible itself tells us that children are a blessing from God. Psalm 127:3 Children are a blessing and a gift from the Lord.
- Serving in Children’s Ministry is a legacy in and of itself. There are few ministry opportunities that allow you to leave a legacy for our children so directly. When you love and lead kids, you are also influencing generations to come. These children may one day be mothers and fathers – perhaps even church leaders themselves. Either way, they will definitely be the future. Want to begin changing the world long term? Serve in Children’s Ministry. Deuteronomy 4:9 You must be very careful not to forget the things you have seen God do for you. Keep reminding yourselves, and tell your children and grandchildren as well.
- Teaching and showing our young children about Christ should be a top priority. Time has proven that most people who will come to Christ do so start in childhood. The childhood years are the years of greatest opportunity for the Gospel. If you want to see people come to Christ, if you want to help secure the future of your children and church then you should serve in Children’s Ministry. Proverbs 22:6 Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
- Serving children will build humility into your character. Often, those who work hard in Children’s Ministry are unintentionally overlooked. Sometimes this is discouraging but really, it’s a blessing. It reminds me that what we do is for the glory of God, not our own. The reward is in Heaven. As for the here and now? It is a wonderfully humble place to serve. Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
- The #1 qualification is love. As a young Christian, I discovered that many avenues of church service were beyond my abilities. You may never sing a solo or preach a sermon in church, but God wants you to find a place of ministry. Serving in the Children’s Ministry is open to almost all Christians. If you love God and his children, then you are qualified to serve in Children’s Ministry. Deuteronomy 11:13 The Lord your God commands you to love him and to serve him with all your heart and soul.
- Liz Morelli, Children's Ministry Associate
ATTENTION ALL VOLUNTEERS - MUST READ BELOW!
All Children and Youth Volunteers will be asked to read and agree to the "Child and Youth Safety Policy" as well as fill out a Volunteer Application form. The "Child and Youth Safety Policy" is available for you to read and the Volunteer form is available for download for you to fill out and sign.
Click on these links to download, read and print OR click on the larger link below to fill out on-line:
Thank you for all you do to teach our Children and Youth and participate with them on their spiritual journey through classes and activities.